HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO/MD
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
JOB STATUS/TYPE: Full-time
Job Family: Managerial
Keeping "U" Simply Intact (KUSI) Consulting is a U.S. and Ghana based contracting firm with a focus on Marketing, Public Relations (PR), and Human Resources (specifically HR Management Solutions, Recruitment and Training) founded in 2012 in the U.S. and 2013 in Ghana.
We are a consulting and service providing company, assisting businesses to gain competitive advantage in their respective industry. In addition, we equip career-minded individuals with the needed tools to acquire a position in their field of interest and offer comprehensive training programs and workshops.
As a human resource manager you are directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. The ideal candidate is responsible for making managerial decisions and taking initiative on key areas.
Please see below for full responsibilities and accept this offer by signing below.
• Plan, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
• Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
• Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Ensures compliance with all state employment laws.
• Play a key role in helping the organization build a strategic team.
• Make suggestions and advise CEO on strategic direction.
• Review training programs and conduct trainings and workshops.
• Write HR related articles and blog posts that are beneficial to our target group.
• Stay in the loop on HR new, laws and policies and industry trends.
Hiring of Employees
• Prepare and post job descriptions.
• Assist with sorting and maintaining CV’s of candidates in our database.
• Handle employment application intake.
• Follow up with hired candidates.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; maintain personnel files, conducts exit interviews.
• Assist with daily upkeep of the company’s website, social media platforms, staff directory, etc.
• Assist the CEO with administrative duties ex: making/answering phone calls for the HR department, managing business e-mail accounts, setting up meetings and interview, take minutes, etc.)
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Leadership abilities
• Communicate effectively
• Critical Evaluation
• Critical Thinking
• Relationship Management
• Ethical Practice
• Research ability
• Tech savvy
• Innovative and creative
• Self motivated
• Ability to motivate and lead a team
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work hard and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to multitask and think on the spot
• Problem solver with effective solutions
• Social media knowledge
• Knowledgeable in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WIX
• Exceptional writer
• Pleasant and professional
• Great talker (engaging and able to convince)
• Independent thinker and implementer
• MUST be easily accessible
HOURS: M-F 9am to 5pm (Flexibility to work from home and in various designated locations). You will be required to meet with the CEO/MD at least 2-3 times per week at a designated location. PLEASE NOTE: We are a start-up and that may require you to work hours outside of your usual M-F 9am-5pm schedule.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Must have an associate or bachelor degree with relevant experience in admin and HR.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SHORT LISTING/MODE OF APPLICATION:
E-mail CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘HR Manager’.