Head of Legal and Admin
JOB TITLE: Head of Legal and Administration
JOB FUNCTION: Legal/Administrative
JOB LEVEL: Executive
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (subject to a six-month probationary period)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
START DATE: July 1st, 2020
Summary and Corporate Profile:
A rapidly growing Group company with two decades in the hospitality industry is seeking an experienced, results-driven and ethical Head of Legal and Administration highly responsible for in-house management and providing general legal advice and support to all areas of the company. The ideal candidate is also responsible for sourcing specialist legal advice when necessary.
The Group is a proud family business that strives to focus on providing exceptional customer experience at any of its properties. The hand on management employed by the Group has been one of the key drivers for the success of the Group. Its slogan, “It’s about you” reiterates the group’s focus on excellent customer service.
Role Description and Responsibilities
• Managing the Group’s administrative and legal staff and tasks.
• Assist the Group in generating positive revenue growth, harmonizing operations, improving employee performance, and enhancing the business model.
• Analyzing and identifying the legal risks and implications of all of the Group transactions, keeping the board of directors and senior management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business.
• Providing leadership to the legal department and legal leadership across the business.
• Implementing key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements.
• Guiding operating methods.
• Disbursing funds to departments and monitoring budgets.
• Improving information systems.
• Overseeing human resources requirements.
• Updating and liaising with senior executives.
• Analyzing financial data and developing operating procedures and policies.
• Mentoring to key legal department personnel.
• Works with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business.
• Ensures that there is free circulation of information on relevant laws and policies across the business.
• Oversees the delivery of training to management and personnel on legal issues affecting individual departmental activities and transactions.
Experience and Education:
• PhD preferred in Law from an accredited law school and at least five (5) years of working experience in a legal corporate environment.
• Masters in Law with at least seven (7) years of experience working in a corporate legal capacity within a fast-paced, fast-evolving and dynamic environment, preferably working as a Senior Lawyer in Hospitality.
• Successful experience leading negotiations on complex, high value, contracts, and agreements.
• Knowledgeable of the law and legal requirements.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
• MS Office.
• Broad knowledge of business departments and functions.
• Budget management experience.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to lead multiple departments.
• Customer focused with the ability to build excellent working relationships.
• Ability to influence decision making.
• Ability to provide international standard customer service experiences.
• Board of Directors
• Legal Department
• Management Staff
• Non-Management Staff
• All other functions/department
• Specialist consulting agencies
• 3rd Party Organizations
• Government ministries, departments and agencies
• All other external correspondence
• Administrative Department
• Legal Department
Salary and Other Benefits
• Health Insurance
• Training and Development
• Statutory Leave Days
• Annual Bonus
Please e-mail your CV & Cover Letter to us at with the subject 'Head of Administration and Legal'. Please ensure that your CV demonstrates how your experience‚ skills and abilities meet the selection criteria set out above. We will ONLY contact candidates who meet our criteria for the above role description.